The History of 7th Coy
The 7th Singapore Company was established in 1937, in St. Andrew’s School (then at Stamford Rd), and officially registered in 1939. It was founded by Mr George Ee and the Chaplain was Rev A.C. Dumper, with an approximate strength of 10 Boys.
The 7th Singapore Coy was the last of such BB companies to be formed before World War II. Of the 7, only the 5th and the 7th are Company numbers still used by the original companies today.
In its early years, the Company was renowned in the then Singapore Battalion for its prowess in soccer, drill and the Company brass band. Several notable persons who have come from the ranks of the 7th Singapore Company are:
- Mr Lim Leong Geok – Architect & son of war hero Lim Bo Seng
- Professor Arthur Lim – Renowned eye surgeon
- Dr Earl Lu – Artist
- Mr Harry Tan – Educationist
Several old boys of 7th have also assisted in the establishment of other Companies, eg. the 4th , the 21st and the 87th Singapore Companies.Group photo after the Drumhead Service 1997, when we consecrated the new Company Colour on the left. Guest-of-Honour was then Bishop of Singapore, Moses Tay.
The Company Emblem
The BB anchor is superimposed on the school crest of St Andrew’s School. We draw inspiration from the strength of both anchor and shield, having the focus to be Sure and Stedfast in our movement, Up & On for God! We are proud to be members of a great organisation and a great school!
Up Boys! Truest fame lies in high endeavour,
Play the game, keep the flame burning brightly ever!